Kolchin Seminar in Differential Algebra
Schedule for Academic Year 2003-2004
Talks are held in Room HW706 - Hunter
September: Saturday 13
- Marius van der Put, Groningen University, The Netherlands.
"Moduli space of differential equations".
- Jerry Kovacic, City College - CUNY. "The differential
Galois theory of strongly normal extensions".
October: Saturday 18;
- Emma Previato, Boston University. I: "Differential
equations integrable by algebraic geometry: a survey of
methods". II: "Differential equations
integrable by algebraic geometry: two open directions and
their interpretation in differential algebra"
- Richard C. Churchill, Hunter College - CUNY. "Cyclic
- Lourdes Juan,
Texas Tech University. "A generic approach to
the inverse differential Galois problem"
- Alexander B. Levin, Catholic University of America.
"Finitely generated difference field
December: Saturday 13
- Felix Ulmer, Université
de Rennes, France. 1. "Algorithms for computing
2. "Construction of linear differential equations
for finite groups"
- Jerry Kovacic, City College - CUNY. "Hyperelliptic
Jacobians in Differential Galois Theory. A Preliminary
February: Saturday 21
- Henri Gillet, University
of Illinois at Chicago, "Derivations, connections,
exponential maps, and the Riemann-Roch Theorem."
- Jerry G. Ianni, LaGuardia Community College. "Synthetic
musical scales and Busoni's problem".
- Juan Morales, Universitat
Polytècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain. "A
Galois differential approach to perturbation of
asymptotic surfaces in Hamiltonian systems."
- Li Guo, Rutgers University. "Differential
algebras and dendriform algebras".
24 and Sunday 25
- Alexandru Buium,University of New Mexico. "Arithmetic differential algebra and quotient spaces".
- Phyllis Cassidy, City College - CUNY. "Representing differential algebraic groups as symmetry groups".
- Andrew Magid, University
1. "Iterated Picard-Vessiot extensions".
2. "The construction of iterated
- William Sit, City College - CUNY. "Some symbolic computation software for differential equations".